Monday, August 15, 2005

Sweet & Sour Pork

Guten Tag,

Loneliness update (for all you waiting on the edge of your seats): Last night Lindsey and I went to Sunday Night Improv at TSC and I wasn't planning on performing because I didn't attend workshop or practice in last 2 months. I arrived and immediately Paul greeted me happily and offered me a spot in the show. I was surprised, but I politely declined. Then Lauren, Marc, and John surround me and tell me how much they want, nay, NEED me in the show and I succumb to the pressure. It was so warm and pleasant having an unexpected group of people so excited to see me. I was truly surprised at how happy people were that I had arrived, I didn't realize what an important social group TSC had become for me. It really made me feel good about being home. On top of that, Lindsey has a day off today so we are just chilling the whole day together which is really nice. Because I have been interacting with fun people, its made me feel better about being at home.

At the same time, to be honest, I still miss the experience of MBI very much. I talked to someone that remained in Israel after the program and she told me that they all miss me, and it made me happy and sad at the same time, sort of a bittersweet feeling, sort of a sweet & sour sauce. On top of that I talked to an old friend who did the program last year and she totally validated all my feelings, which was relieving.

I am glad this blog is serving as a vent for my feelings.

I was looking through a lot of my photos from MBI and it turns out that in my effort to conserve space on my teeny little memory card I really lost some resolution. I stored about 170 photos on my little 16 MB card, and many look grainy on my 15" screen. I'm worried that choice will bite me in the ass later when I might choose to print these pictures. I guess 640 x 480 doesn't cut it anymore. Luckily they look good on my blog, so keep in touch to see more photos of the summer in my daily(ish) installment of Photo of the Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss TSC... :(

I should go sometime.

vinny