Monday, August 22, 2005

Cer-amicable Service

Hiyo,

Yesterday I went to the Ceramic Studio Cafe on St Denis. Lindsey had a gift certificate there from her birthday, so we decided to cash it in. It was the perfect day, as we arrived the heavens opened and rain poured down heavily. We entered the cafe dripping already and started making our decision on what to paint. We settled on a teapot. It wasn't an ordinary teapot either, it is interestingly shaped with a tall lid and a funny looking spout. We sat ourselves down and painted away for two whole hours. It was quite fun and I'm extremely surprised at how nicely the design worked out considering how I have no artistic talent. There is a butterfly on one side and a flower on the other.

Anyway, the point of this little exposition is that the cafe is really great and I encourage you all to go there if you live in Montreal and have time. I was telling a friend about it today. He saw me with Lindsey on my walk over to the cafe and he didn't know Lindsey. When he asked me today how it went, he asked, "Was it like a third date sort of thing?" And I awkwardly (but confidently) replied, "No, I've been with her for 5 years. We just wanted a teapot."

Moral: Take your significant other there on your third date or 5 year anniversary...or both!

PS The pun in the title is poor, I admit it. The reason I chose it is because the cafe has nice people and at the counter it encourages you in French to tip the staff who served "amiablement." I thought it was weird that there was no word in English like "friendlyly", and Lindsey intelligently pointed out the word "amicably" which means the same thing. I feel better now that I've justified that seemingly poor choice.

No comments: