Monday, June 27, 2005

Imrov

Hello,

Do you ever say hello back to me? Do you say it out loud?

Anyway, I did Theatre Ste. Catherine Sunday Night Improv last night. I did fairly well, only surpassed by Marc and Lauren. Marc lost the hat game after a suspenseful third round where Lauren had the foresight to overcome her height disadvantage by making the scene about Marc dancing on his knees. Poor Marc. He'll win one day...

I really love improv. I really like the crowd I end up around (almost all my Montreal friends and acquaintances are improv related). I really enjoy performing it. I really enjoy practicing it. you always end up where you'd never expect. Example: Last night I did a scene that ended with Lauren nibbling on my ear. Who would ever expect to end up there?!

I think it's what I want to do in life. At least I figure I should try it. I don't know if it will lead anywhere. It is obviously very difficult to make it in that business. Also, in order to pursue it, I'd be giving up other potential avenues to explore. Furthermore, I always envisioned myself doing something with my life that helps people. Now, I could try to cop out and say that making people laugh is helping people, but come on, who is going to believe that bullshit? So, the ups are: I love it so much. The downs are: I'd be giving up other big things (e.g. Being the leader of a national youth movement, having ideals). What to do?

Speaking of youth movements, as of tomorrow I am leaving for 6.5 weeks. I will be in Israel. I will be a leader for a summer Israel trip run by my youth movement. It will be fun. I may have the time and energy to write on this silly blog, but likely not. Thus, I am excusing myself for a second prolonged hiatus from writing.

Je m'excuse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://ypuhngxv.com/mjsw/nkju.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://nlurgpqm.com/adnr/sala.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://ypuhngxv.com/mjsw/nkju.html | http://rmaqriwt.com/rzao/rqxh.html