Monday, January 16, 2006

Questions

Hello,

Surprise! I posted!

So in the past couple days I've been asked by multiple people if I've moved on from the break up. In fact, to quote one person, "Are you interested in other girls yet, or are you still heartbroken?" My reply: "I'm still heartbroken, thanks for asking."

Its weird, its been a little less than three months. Should I be moving on? Should I be with other girls? Should I be...dating?! I don't know.

I do hang out with Lauren a lot. I enjoy being with her. I go to movies with her. I helped her build her bed. Is that dating? I don't think so. I just really enjoy hanging out with her. When does it turn into dating though? Is it just a matter of intentionality? Or is that too post-modern of me? Stupid postmodernism.

--Focus shift--

I sometimes look at Lindsey's name hanging in my IM list and consider clicking it. It would be so nice to talk to her. I imagine it in my head being so relieving and feeling so good. But then I remember that the Lindsey I want to talk to isn't behind that IM name. Its someone else. I would just be looking for something that isn't there. And then I get sad when I look at it.

--Focus shift--

I've been making a lot of jokes about my breakup. I guess it should seem obvious that I am using humor to deal with my sadness considering my lifestyle and personality. But I am constantly surprised by what comes out of my mouth.

Example: I was at breakfast talking about football and I commented on how Seattle beating Washington was like a symbol of Lindsey breaking my heart, because she is from Seattle and I Washington. It wasn't a particularly good joke, but I didn't make any promises here.

Although its a way with dealing with it, it still makes me sad. It hurts to make those jokes. So, why do I even make the jokes?

And it can be awkward. Its kind of like Holocaust jokes.

Oh jeez. Did I just compare my breakup with Lindsey to the Holocaust?

This is awkward.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://ychcnvme.com/etec/dmxm.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://eepfxghj.com/jdni/qays.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://ychcnvme.com/etec/dmxm.html | http://jvitmhiq.com/qeqm/eyqz.html