Thursday, January 26, 2006

On the Relevance of Spoons

Hiya,

One thing I really miss about monogamy is sleeping next to someone. It has to be one of my favorite things. Lindsey and I moved in together in May and we got to sleep next to each other every night. It was so wonderful.

I think it represents one of the greatest things about a relationship. It gives me a total sense of security. Deep down, I think I'm still afraid of the dark. Having someone next to me, someone I love and trust, fills me with comfort. It keeps me warm, both physically and emotionally. It is intimate in a totally wonderful way.

I don't like sleeping alone. I like snuggling, I like spooning.

I like being the little spoon.

---

I met up with Lindsey today for the first time in months.

Wow, I can't believe it's really been months! That's so sad.

We had to clear up some money stuff. I wasn't really ready to talk to her about my feelings, seeing as how I'm still pretty upset with her and her actions. I was just there to drop off some money and to pick up some stray things that were still at the house.

The whole time I was there I was so emotionally distant. I felt like I was watching myself talk to her. My voice was so hollow, I didn't laugh or smile, but we did talk a little. We caught up a little. It was really just an exchange of pleasantries.

In truth, it wasn't so pleasant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Inquisitive? That's a strange choice of words, spambot. Inquisitive means having a tendency to ask questions of someone. Being neither full of questions nor anything other than a passive medium, I would not qualify Gil's blog as inquisitive.