Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm Back So I Can Leave

Hi Blogosphere,

It's been 2 years, 5 months and 1 day since I last posted. Holy Be-Jesus. Why did I come back? Good question, self. It's not because I went through another break up, so you don't need to worry about that. I did go through a few in the past couple years, but that is inconsequential right now. No, I've got bigger fish to fry...

In exactly 4 weeks, on October 21st, 2008, I am moving to Israel. Moving for good. Well, statistically speaking not for good, as most bourgeois Americans like me give up on Israel after 2 or 3 years, but theoretically speaking FOREVER! This, as you might gather, is a big deal. Because it's a big deal, I decided to reopen the ol' Blog for business. It seems to be a good place for me to process and for friends to keep inside my deluded head.

I think this is a good idea, writing again. I like writing. I've been doing it a lot over the past two years in my job and I think I've got a certain knack for it. I'm no Said the Gramophone-er or anything, don't get me wrong, I just think I have a pleasant cadence - if one can even have cadence in writing. It's also a good idea because recently my friend Arin was visiting and she pointed out to me that I process things out loud. As in, I don't sit in a room and think about things, I sit with a friend and think about things otherwise I just don't think about things. In this case, you the readers are my friends and writing is me talking out loud.

So, we'll see how this thing goes. Hopefully I won't disappoint and prompt a new waitingforgbrowdy.blogspot.com.

Rock rock on,
Gil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Gil, or should I say bon voyage? A compromise: welcome back to Gil the Blog and bon voyage to Gil my Friend!