Tuesday, March 29, 2005

An Awkward First



Hello,

This is me experimenting with words. Thats also where I got the name for this blog.
I am not a very good writer by any means. I don't really know what this blog will end up becoming.
People say I'm funny, but any time I try to write something funny, it ends up coming out as weird or incomprehensible.
As you also may have noticed, I am fond of the carraige return function when casually typing. It helps me seperate my thoughts.

Today I got locked out of my house for the second time in only a few short weeks. Last time it happened to me I was locked out for 6 hours. I had a presentation due the next day that I couldn't work on because my laptop was locked in the house. After that harrowing experience, I made sure that the back sliding doors were unlocked so that in the unlikely event I get locked out for a second time, I'd have a surefire way of getting in.
Well, lo and behold, it was not that easy. After uncomfortably ringing my neighbors' doorbells (they have two! I just rang both at once), I asked if I could sneak through their back door. They politely obliged, and I climbed over their mounds of trash on the back porch.
Side thought: Why do they have mounds of trash on their back porch? It was in bags already, and was covered in snow, telling me that it had been there for quite a while. If it was already bagged, why not throw it out the FRONT door so the helpful municipal sanitary servicepeople could take it away? Weird.
Anyway, after climbing through the jungle of garbage, I arrived at my back sliding door only to find them locked. "Dagnabbit" thought I. So, with the help of my faithful friend Danny, we jimmied open my roomates window with a pen and I was able to get in my house.

After having written out that story of my day, I realize it is horrendously uninteresting. I apologize to my readers [read: reader (read: me)]. Wow, embedded editor's notes! I'm such a fancy editor!

I guess that's why I called this thing Experimenting With Words. Sometimes experiments go terribly terribly wrong.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe now everyone knows how to break into your house!  Also, you posted that entry at 10:17 which is your birthday.  I'm so glad I have another thing to do now while I procrastinate doing all the work I have...

Anonymous said...

I am glad you have a blog. It made me giggle. I promise to be an avid reader. I have now officially contributed so that when you are famous, i can get credit as your friend.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you have a blog. It made me giggle. I promise to be an avid reader. I have now officially contributed so that when you are famous, i can get credit as your friend.

Anonymous said...

We sure jimmied open that window. And with a pen, no less. If anyone would like to see the pen, please emial me at thepenshow@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://owvpsbqz.com/aqbg/cgyi.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://oxnpocft.com/ibcp/lopu.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://owvpsbqz.com/aqbg/cgyi.html | http://eswhfhxv.com/xqgy/mews.html